[TYPO3-core] RFC #15937: Bug: [Caching framework] Improve error message if no frontend was defined for core caches

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Oct 8 19:59:55 CEST 2010

Hey,

On 10/08/2010 04:36 PM, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Problem:
> With issue #15389 we un-hardcoded the cache frontends for core caches.
> This now leads to an error if own core caches are defined and the
> frontend setting is missing. t3lib_div::makeInstance will then get null
> as frontend class and just spits error "Class not found", without more
> infromation on what exactly went wrong. This makes this issue hard to
> track down.
>
> Solution:
> Throw a more meaningful error message in t3lib_cache if frontend
> definition is missing for core caches.

Seems that even some extensions do not come with proper frontend
definitions, see for instance http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=15940

Thus, I've moved the exception from core cache handling to the cache
factory. This will now catch all frontends which have not been defined
in $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['caching']['cacheFrontends'].

Regards
Christian