[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15812: Add backend maintenance for login news

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Thu Oct 7 07:05:12 CEST 2010

Am 06.10.2010 23:43, schrieb Sebastian Michaelsen:
> Generally I dislike the approach that admins can be considered evil.

I also dislike the approach that normal editors need to be considered to
be evil but this is the real life.

> For
> my understanding an admin should have unlimited access

TRUE but this still doesn't mean that the admin is allowed to do evil
things. This are 2 different things which you shouldn't mix!

> Maybe there are usecases where one
> has to distiguish between trustable and not trustable admins.

It is enough that a usecase is possible. We as the security team fix not
only issues which have been already used but try to close those before
someone notice those!

Georg