[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug #15899: htmlArea RTE: Editing area collapsed in Chrome 7

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Tue Oct 5 23:10:05 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

>>> i think we should change the default height setting of textarea. For
>>> normal textareas the height is ok, for RTE the height should be the edit
>>> area. In my case (default) the toolbar + edit area are of higher height
>>> than the default setting of height. This results in strange resize
>>> behaviour.
>>>
>> Yes, because in this case the whole RTE framework is shrinked to the
>> maximum heigth of textareas as soon as the resize anchor is moved.
>> Maybe there should be a different setting for RTE-enabled textareas?
>>

> i don't think it's useful to add another user options.
> As you do the resize in htmlarea, i see a possible way to do maxHeight
> setting dynamic, calculating with this.getInnerHeight(). So the
> maxHeight value is only relevant for the innerHeight.
> Do you think that is possible?

I don't see how, because at the time the resizer is created, there is no
guarantee that the framework is rendered and that innerHeight has any
meaningful value.
Anyways, I am not sure of the usefulness of this setting. I would simply
add 600 pixels to any maximum set in user's settings. If not set, the
default seems to be 600. This would make 1200 pixels for default maximum
height of the RTE framework.

Stan