[TYPO3-core] RFC #12232: Bug: md5_file() to check if a file has been changed is very expensive [performance]

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Oct 5 22:09:40 CEST 2010

> Then I'm for changing the default behavior and dropping the
> configuration option.
>
> IMHO, we generally should have good default behaviors instead of event
> more unused configuration options.

+1, I will argue against every new option, if I don't see the big need
for it - but support everybody who makes efforts to remove some of the
useless config options!

So -1 for a new option.

In the last time, we usually used filemtime + filesize as check, whether
a file has changed.

Kind regards
Steffen

--