[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15812: Add backend maintenance for login news

Sebastian Michaelsen sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:34:06 CEST 2010

Hi Ingo, thanks for your answer

Am 04.10.2010 15:36, schrieb Ingo Renner:
> but then this means you were abusing the login news for something it wasn't meant for. IMO that's
> something you shouldn't blame us for.
I would not call it abuse but creative usage of a feature which was quite flexible until now,
because it supported unlimited HTML. One could discuss if my particular usage is good or bad, but
that's not the point here.

The point is that you're adding a limitation for no good reasons as far as I understood it - correct
me if i'm wrong.

HTML could be (ab)used for uncountable different good reasons here, IMHO.

Kind regards,
Sebastian