[TYPO3-core] RFC #4272: Inconsistent return values of ini_get() produce false positives for safe_mode detection

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Oct 4 20:06:35 CEST 2010

Hey,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> t3lib/utility/class.t3lib_utility_phpoptions.php
>> What about calling it t3lib_utility_Environment? (hope to not raise
>> endless naming discussions now *g*).
>>

> +1 This also would give us the possibility to move related functions to
> this class like getIndpEnv and give it a meaningful name.

yes, might be an idea. I chose "phpOptions" because I think we need some
special class to gather those "hacks", and imho it should be separated
from other environmental issues. This safe_mode thing is in fact a real
php f*ckup, and I think it's a bit more clean to separate those fixes
from "usual" stuff. And some other params (like base_dir) have similar
issues, they could be added to this class.
So, this class is intended to be some "gather ugly php fixes until they
are fixed in the language" class. Anyone with better naming options?

Regards
Christian