[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12376: typo3temp got filled with thousands of javascript_* files

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon Oct 4 11:31:19 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:

> i see the point. Is it really such heavy in use?

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, so I'll answer both possible ways. I
think many sites is using it, but how many is of course impossible to
give a decent answer on.

Heavy on the server though, when generating that many files and makes
both FTP to the typo3temp folder impossible and makes the Install Tool
stop answering when loading the "Cleanup" function.

> +1 on reading (i don't have any site using layers for test)

I provided the entire test-code as a reply to Jigal's +1 in the hope for
a test ;)

- Lars