[TYPO3-core] RFC #16470: Bug: Scheduler fails to calculateNextValue a turn of the year

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Nov 30 11:47:39 CET 2010

On 11/30/2010 09:06 AM, François Suter wrote:
>> Man, this method is nifty.
>
> Did you mean "nasty" by any chance? ;-)

Ha, yes! Thanks :)

>> It deserves refactoring and splitting to
>> multiple methods. I'd suggest to rewrite it from scratch and backup
>> every single line with unit tests. That's probably the only way to get a
>> bug free version.
>
> I agree, it should be refactored. I considered this when I was porting
> Gabriel, but I lacked the time.

I started with a new class which tokenizes and simplifies a given cron
command. Goal is to accept all formats documented as valid in anacron
and create a simple list of values from it. This should already simplify
the CronCmd class logic a bit. After that I'll take a look at the
'calculate next execution timestamp' logic if I'm still motivated ;)

Regards
Christian