[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16417: Field module is not rendered for sysfolders

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Nov 29 14:37:33 CET 2010

Am 29.11.10 11:27, schrieb JoH asenau:
>> How to test:
>> 1) Set the field on a normal page and try to do the same on a
>> sysfolder. 2) Apply patch and retry
>>
>> Additional information:
>> IMO it is a nobrainer but as this is a skin/hci related thing I would
>> like to have some +1 from this team
>
> It had been removed from this page type, just because the usage of this field was not very clear to most of us.
> The naming was misleading and there were different people who thought they knew how it was supposed to be used.
> Still the use cases were completely different and it seems we missed this particular one.

IIRC Kasper used this "flag" to determine if special be_mods should
react to this folder.
The most famous one was direct_mail which uses this flags to determine
where direct_mail is used.
I haven't been following the most recent development of direct_mail but
if I am right this is still the case.

No offense, but please tripple-check with someone from the old days
before removing any stuff (the older, the more checks please).
Might do more harm than good :)

Still: nice work on the page refactoring.

cheers
Mathias

--
Ernesto, Nov. 9th 2010:
"In the graphics generation routines of TYPO3 *anything* could cause a