[TYPO3-core] RFC #5918: Bug: No language overlay with TS select on table pages

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Nov 27 15:00:20 CET 2010

Hi,

> No, my comment only act as an alterantive suggestion (for the future),
> but doesn't stop you from fixing using the hardcoded "pages" check as it
> is done this way in plenty of other places in the core already.

I agree with that. It's unfortunate that "pages" should be hard-coded,
but OTOH it's even "hard-coded" in the method's name (i.e.
getPageOverlay instead of getRecordOverlay). The clean solution for the
future would be to extend the scope of getRecordOverlay so that it
handles foreign-table translations and deprecate getPageOverlay.

Note that the idea of having a new library for handling all the overlay
stuff (both localization and versioning) is in the air. There's my
"overlays" library [1] and I think Benni also has some ideas.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-overlays