[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15094: Refactor of content objects of tslib_content

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Nov 25 13:24:30 CET 2010

>> Yes, we still need to fix the cause, I only fixed the symptoms for
>> that one extension. However, if this is a problem which could affect
>> other extensions as well, we should try to find a general solution
>> instead.
>
> btw - i never saw an extension cloning cObj. Most do the same as
> tt_news with instantiating a local cObj. Do you think it's really
> worth to overwrite the clone method?

Since it's about backwards compatibility I guess it's worth a try.
Even though it's not very common to extension developers, cloning did work before, while it does not with the current version.
So if we can get the same behaviour as before by implementing a __clone() method that actually does the same as __constructor(), I think we should do that.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de