[TYPO3-core] RFC #16565: Bug: FlashmessageQueue does not work in FE mode

Bastian Waidelich bastian.waidelich at typo3.org
Thu Nov 25 10:28:46 CET 2010

Hi all,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16565

Branches:
trunk

Problem:
Since TYPO3 4.3 we have support for FlashMessages. The blog post at [1]
states, that they are usable in frontend too. But in fact the
FlashmessageQueue does only work in BE mode (at least for session based
FlashMessages).

Solution:
Add switches to t3lib_FlashMessageQueue that use the BE user session or
FE user session to store the FlashMessages depending on the current
TYPO3_MODE

Notes:
If we have support for FE & BE FlashMessages, we could replace the
FlashMessage container in Extbase with the t3lib_FlashMessages (in a
backwards compatible way of course)

[1]
http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/core/article/43-treasure-trove-flash-messages/

Bastian