[TYPO3-core] RFC #16413: Bugfix: Not possible to configure RTE for flexform fields

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Wed Nov 24 00:42:56 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

> +1 by reading and testing. this seems simply be forgotten.

Thanks for testing.

> Anyway i wonder if it's correct. When using richtext[*] then the
> tsConfig is read, otherwise the configured params are taken. What if i
> configure italic, and configuration does not allow italic?

I am not sure what happens in that case. I spend a long time
understanding it all, but decided to post the best working thing here
for comments.

In general it would be nice to get Stan's feedback on the entire handling.

> Also rte looks a bit strange with this minimal configuration, Stan?

Yes I also noted that, there is room for improvement, but secondary for
me, in relation to having all the buttons and all the problems that will
cause in my simple caption element.

I already gave Stan a HU by mail but had no response. He is probably
busy. He is CC on this reply.

> I also attached a testextension, imagecycle doesn't have rte in flexform.

It does, but you need to change to imagesRTE in the dropdown. Should
probably have noted that, but thought most would figure it out ;)

Anyways, thanks for adding that makes it easier for others to test!

Off-topic P.S.: Sorry for not being more active on other core things
these days, but I am overbooked with projects, so cannot find more time
than just to post the most nasty bugs I come around, so they don't get
forgotten. Hopefully in the near future I will be more available to test
and help on 4.5 You guys are doing a great job!

- Lars