[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #16432: Add live search to the backend toolbar

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Nov 17 16:27:30 CET 2010

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature
Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16432
Branch: trunk

Problem:
As part of T3UXW09, a live search module (aka super search) was added to
the backend toolbar. This needs a little further refinement, testing,
and UI work to be included in TYPO3 4.5. Many thanks to T3UXW09 Team 1
for doing the work to make this possible!

Solution:
Finish it up....get it functional now and add a little polish during the
beta phase.

Additional Notes:
* Styling will still change. There's already an open issue and
discussion on the Usability project surrounding this at [1]

* Now that the new pagetree is in, we need to investigate searching
within the currently selected branch.  Todos for this and several other
items are sprinkled through the code.

* I'm getting Javascript errors in the ExtDirect connection when testing
in IE. I think its something with my virtualized setup, but if you see
errors too please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10759