[TYPO3-core] RFC #16444: Bugfix:dbal installs itself automatically whenever the install tool is called

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Nov 17 16:25:12 CET 2010

Hi,

> Problem:
> Dbal will be installed automatically everytime the install tool is
> called since the fix of http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16179 because
> now dbal is also installed if the _GP "step" is 0 which is the case in
> the first step of the 1-2-3 installer - and always if not in 1-2-3 mode.
>
> Solution:
> Check if we are in 1-2-3 mode before installing dbal.
>
> Notes / How to test:
> I had to adjust the position of the dbal autoloader call as the step was
> set after the call (which could not work).

Start of the day for me, will be able to test this a bit later.

I discovered yesterday that DBAL was not loaded properly with trunk.
Thanks for having written a patch.

By reading I have seen problems:

if ($instObj->mode = '123') {

instead of == for the comparison, or even === ?

For the rest it looks really good thus already a +1 by reading.

Is it OK for you to commit it on both Core trunk and DBAL trunk? Because
I won't have time to raise the version to something like beta1a, tag it
and synchronize it again with trunk. If this should be done, then I'd
kindly someone to take care of it.

Cheers
Xavier