[TYPO3-core] RFC #16426: ExtJS based Pagetree

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 16 23:18:54 CET 2010

Stefan Galinski schrieb am 16.11.2010 22:55:

> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16426
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> The current pagetree is not based on the latest available technologies and
> APIs of TYPO3.
>
> Solution:
> Replace the current pagetree by an extjs based tree.
>
> Notes:
> This version is not perfect and misses several features of the old
> implementation, but it's ready for first feedback and tests. Please add any
> unreported issues in the forge project. Also anybody who wants to join our
> team is welcome!
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-extjstrees/issues
>
> How to Test:
> Just install the delivered sysext and click on a web module. Because it's
> just a sysext, you can work normally this the backend until it's finally
> ready.

+1 by testing and reading and chatting. It looks like a very good ground
work for this killer feature! Thanks a lot for the effort so far!

We'll be adding this sysext to trunk now so that it can be included in
4.5beta1. The team behind this is committed to work on the issues
already listed on the mentioned page, which is of course a precondition
for it to later be refactored as "the page tree" in the core (not a
sysext anymore), which should happen at most before beta3 (22nd December).

Cheers,
Ernesto