[TYPO3-core] RFC #11916: Feature: New TYPO3_DB method for queries that expect just a single result row

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Nov 16 23:17:42 CET 2010

Hi there,

> Cleaning up the classes sounds nice, but what if a significant number of
> extensions stops working? I'd love to have a clean DB API, but changes
> in an existing API should be backwards compatible (or be done like
> deprecations).
> Anyway, this is just an opinion :-)

Quick step in for abroad...

I'd say that in a best world, I would like to be able to differentiate
between empty resultset and error but then it will not be consistent
with the other methods.

Regarding the clean DB API, I'd have even further ideas but I'd like to
postpone this discussion and any code cleanup or "major" change to 4.6
if you don't mind.

Xavier