[TYPO3-core] RFC #11916: Feature: New TYPO3_DB method for queries that expect just a single result row

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Nov 16 20:53:04 CET 2010

> If there is an error in the SQL, why not throw an exception? This is a
> new method and we are not bound to follow the "old principles", just
> because other methods do some hackish way.
>
> So that new method should either return an array or it will throw an
> exception, which the caller could catch or if not catched, the
> developer will see a nice stack trace.

I just wanted to stay "compatible" to the current behaviour and fix that for all methods at once within a nother RFC.
Of course we can do it the other way around as well.

For me it's just important to have that function available, since it will help to fix gain some performance in several places of the core.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de