[TYPO3-core] RFC #16396: Implement a Grid View + wizard to enable the backend layout to be adapted to the frontend look and feel

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Nov 16 18:09:39 CET 2010

>> Not to sound rude, but my next issue with the grid view, is that it's
>> not reflecting the configured backend layout
>
> This is because the grid view in the page module show only the cell
> that have a colPos assigned.

Which is a bug, since the grid shouldn't depend on the availability of a colPos value of a single cell.
The layout should always have the same structure, with or without content.

> This is an issue we should definitely address in one of the upcomming
> improvement patches.

Simple solution:
When there is no colPos assigned, just render the cell (maybe with a special "inactive" class) but without any editing icons.
So it will still be there and have a label but no option to create any kind of content element there.
This should be the same for BE users who are not allowed to edit content whithin a certain column.

BTW: Should we collect these bugs in separate BT entries or will this be a follow with the same ticket?

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de