[TYPO3-core] RF: Feature #13610: t3lib_BEfunc::viewOnClick - Hook request

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Nov 16 10:08:28 CET 2010

Hi,

> To enable further reviews of this RFC I attached the fix for #10819.

Thanks for this. I could now test this RFC and see the new workspace
preview module. It looks rather good, but I must say I'm unconvinced
about having the LIVE and preview in separate tabs as it makes it harder
IMO to compare both versions (of course, the frame made it really small
before...). I guess that's a matter of taste.

More concrete points:

- the behavior has changed compared to what we had before. If you create
a new page in a workspace and preview it, the LIVE view used to display
the following message: "New page! The previewed page is created in the
workspace and has no counterpart in the live workspace." With the new
tabbed preview, the LIVE view makes a 404 error (i.e. displays your
error page if you have one set up). This is not strictly related to this
patch, but I wanted to raise the issue. Are you aware of it already or
should I open a bug report?
- when looking at the "List view" tab I get a totally empty list. Is
that normal? Should I open a bug report? Again it's not strictly related
to this patch.
- and a small thing: you added some parameters names that were missing
in the phpDoc, which is good, but you forgot it for $switchFocus. Could
you please add it too?

On top of this the issue I raised [1] about the "Save and view" bug
still happens. The hook this patch provides cannot solved the issue IMO.
On the contrary, I'm afraid the situation is even more complicated.
Would it be possible to discuss it directly? I'll send you a PM.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10693