[TYPO3-core] RFC #16334: Make FlexForms editable via TSConfig and group access lists

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Nov 15 20:20:32 CET 2010

Hi,

this feature will be great, thanks Kai!

One comment to Jeff's comment:

Jeff Segars schrieb am 15.11.2010 19:38:

> * When flexforms are added to the list of exclude fields, the naming can
> be a little problematic because the FlexForm is named "News" and there
> is already another table with that name too.  Would it be a good idea to
> add "Plugin" on the end or something like that?

Yes, +1 to that, I briefly commented that in our release team meeting today.

> * It appears that the TSConfig naming conventions also assume one
> FlexForm per extension.  Do you have any ideas on how to support multiple?

The provided sample TSconfig:

TCEFORM.tt_content.pi_flexform.tt_news {...

Refers to tt_news's field pi_flexform. An extension usually adds one
flexform DS per field. E.g. in tt_news:

t3lib_extMgm::addPiFlexFormValue(9, 'FILE:EXT:tt_news/flexform_ds.xml');

This is added to
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['pi_flexform']['config']['ds'][$piKeyToMatch.','.$CTypeToMatch];

What is missing is the distinction between different flexforms per
CTypeToMatch, which is by default "list" (a plugin). So probably needed:

TCEFORM.tt_content.pi_flexform.tt_news.list { ...

To be able to distinguish those.

Haven't looked (yet) at the patch to see if there are further
ramifications on this, but will review soon.

Cheers,
Ernesto