[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #16385: Optimize stdWrap usage for TypoScript content element PHP_SCRIPT

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sun Nov 14 21:53:27 CET 2010

>> I'm not sure whether this is needed. AFAIR PHP_SCRIPT is deprecated
>> or at least its use is discouraged. Making updates to it might
>> generate a different impression.
>
> Yep, I was wondering about the same.
>
> Actually this is not mentioned in the TSref, but probably should be.

Actually I am just "stdWrap-izing" any of the classes and methods that are available in tslib/content (and class.tslib_content.php) regardless of a possible deprecation.

I found some elements even I had never heard of, but some of them might still be useful and should not be deprecated.
i.e. CTABLE and OTABLE could still be used to create tables easily, even though they should not be used for layouting a whole website in most of the cases.

So personally I don't care, but as long as the class/method is not offically deprecated yet, I would still treat it the same way as any other class.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de