[TYPO3-core] RFC #16332: cObject CONTENT does not allow to fetch records that have no translation parent

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Nov 13 17:51:38 CET 2010

Hey Helmut,

On 10.11.10 19:40, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> This is only true if you set
> config.sys_language_overlay to true (or hideNonTranslated)
Yes.

> To understand your RFC right:
>
> Do you need to override this setting for special TypoScript objects
> (currently you can only set this globally for a page)
>
> or do you want to overlay records that have a l10n parent but
> additionally also show records that do not have a l10n parent?
That's the intention of this change.

Extensions like cal or tt_news provide a similar option in their
extensions, and it would be nice if CONTENT could support that, but
maybe we should have a global option

config.sys_language.includeRecordsWithoutDefaultTranslation = 1

Or how should we treat problems like this?

> What your patch currently does is, if TYPO3 is configured to be in
> overlay mode, select records in the given language, or the default
> language and perform a language overlay on all of them (which does not
> make much sense for records which are already in the right language imho).
Yes. The language overlay will only be performed on records with the
default language (so they will be skipped).

Thanks for your input!
Benni.