[TYPO3-core] RFC #11103: Improve advanced_htaccess and make it more compatible

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Nov 13 14:52:05 CET 2010

Thanks for your patch, Christopher - nice to read from you here ;-)

> Problem:
> The comments in the advanced_htaccess file are partly outdated and need an
> update.
Yes, I would go further and say it's a PITA. If you try TYPO3 for the
first time and have to read through this file, you might probably resign..

However, there are many points, about which we can argue..

> Solution:
> I reviewed the commenting texts and improved them.
I did some more changes, esp. replacing the "you'll have to change" to
"you have to change". Proofreading welcome!

> I added a section for file compression which is compatible with Apache 2.x.
I'm not sure, why at all: CSS and JS are not covered by mod_gzip, so
only HTML remains. However AFAIK Apache wouldn't compress the TYPO3
output. So, what's left, which can be compressed?
I left it in the file, but I'm for removing the whole section, if there
are no serious arguments.

I also removed the historic PHP options and only left the serious
register_globals in. Do you have other suggestions, what a TYPO3 user
should change?

Kind regards
Steffen

--