[TYPO3-core] RFC #7942: Enable UTF-8 by default

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Nov 12 08:51:16 CET 2010

Am 11.11.2010 09:20, schrieb Michael Stucki:

> So I do think that the collation is less precise for what we need to
> know. Setting the character set alone should be fine.

Actually it is more precise, but I get what you mean.

Perhaps what is really missing is a collation config in case I do want one of the language specific
collations. But that can be added in a later patch. In this case we should make sure that only
case-insensitive collations are used. AFAIK TYPO3 relies on this feature *.

Masi

* Note: Other RDBMSs are not case-insensitive by default.