[TYPO3-core] RFC #16318: Enable FlashMessages to fade out after delay

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Nov 9 22:50:00 CET 2010

> if ($this->disappearDelay>  0) {
> is wrong, because now all flash messages are rendered in JS ;)

Ouch :D
Didn't test static messages today - I already wrote the patch yesterday
but then did a `svn revert` without thinking - so I wrote it (pretty
fast) again today.

 > I think I found another major issue, I'm not sure how this can be
 > solved.
 >
 > If more than one disappearing message is added to the queue, then only
 > the last one is rendered. Isn't there also some kind of queue for the
 > JS messages?
I think it has already been an issue before, wasn't it? Probably nobody
fired two messages at the same time ;)

Don't know, how to solve - maybe a queue inside JS (only render, if no
other is currently shown?), or show one below the other. But I feel
unable to solve this.

Kind regards
Steffen

--