[TYPO3-core] RFC #16318: Enable FlashMessages to fade out after delay

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Tue Nov 9 20:18:27 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

On 09.11.10 18:40, Steffen Gebert wrote:

> Solution:
> This change introduces two new methods for t3lib_FlashMessage:
> * setDisappear()
> * setDisappearDelay()
> which make a t3lib_FlashMessage ExtJS-driven.

Nice!

One functional comment:

if ($this->disappearDelay > 0) {

is wrong, because now all flash messages are rendered in JS ;)

if ($this->disappear) {

Would be right.

Minor cleanups:
I think that for type casting no space is required
(bool)$foobar instead of (bool) $foobar

I would use type casting also for the integer value instead of intval()

I did some minor cleanups in the wording of the comments.

Other than that +1 by reading and testing.

Regards Helmut