[TYPO3-core] RFC #16032: Overwork tree frame design

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Nov 9 16:54:47 CET 2010

>> I guess this has to be tackled separately. We currently only have a
>> "ie6.css" switch, maybe we need a "non-css3.css" switch to add graceful
>> fallbacks for all non-css3 compatible browsers (IE6..IE8)?
>
> we could use Modernizr (http://www.modernizr.com/) instead to detect the
> browser capabilities and serve the appropriate design.
> A much cleaner solution IMHO.

Yeah, I don't mind, how it's done - basically I set my hope into
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14442, which was shot-down. So we lack
a clean way to define fallback definitions and I didn't spent time in
anything similar.

In doubt I would use extjs classes (they're already added to <body>) to
define browser specific CSS, if I have to apply e.g. IE-specific styles
to make it look acceptable.

If sb. wants to integrate modernizr, I'd be happy as it looks promising
and basically what we/I need (to go the clean way, use CSS3 and have
working fallbacks). Because of a lack of capacity, I will not do it myself.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert