[TYPO3-core] FYI72 #16280: Field size for "shortcut" is 3, although maxitems is 1

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Nov 8 22:55:35 CET 2010

On 11/6/10 2:23 PM, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> The following changes will be committed in 72h if nobody objects.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16280
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> Field "shortcut" (to define target page of a shortcut) has size 3,
> although maxitems is defined to 1. This leads editors to the assumption
> that more pages can be added (which results in an exclamation mark).
>
> $TCA['pages']['shortcut'] => array(
> 'label' => 'LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_general.xml:LGL.shortcut_page',
> 'config' => array(
> 'type' => 'group',
> 'internal_type' => 'db',
> 'allowed' => 'pages',
> 'size' => '3',
> 'maxitems' => '1',
> 'minitems' => '0'
>
> Solution:
> set 'size' => 1
>
> Kind regards
> Steffen

Strangely enough, Webkit dosn't honor the size setting until it gets
larger than 4. I'm not even sure if the behavior can be changed through
CSS and if it can its outside the scope of this patch but it did sure
confuse me when I tried to do a quick test.

Anyway, +1 on reading and testing if you'd like to do an early commit
before your FYI window expires ;)