[TYPO3-core] RFC #16298: Feature: Set focus to password field when "loginRefreshLayer" shows up

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Mon Nov 8 08:54:55 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

Am 08.11.10 03:08, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi Anfreas,
>
> thx for the patch, the focus is really needed.
>
> Don't use Ext.get for components, it's the dom method, and Ext way is
> getCmp for those. Also focus has two arguments, first for the event fire
> and the second for the delay.
>
> See attached v2 which adds this focus automatically.
>
> +1 by reading and testing.
>
> vg Steffen

I didn't know about that listener, thanks for teaching ;)

So the password field is itself a component, though it is only
initalized as an item?

Testing your patch: when i type in a wrong pass and submit with enter, i
cannot confirm the alert with enter as the password field has still the
focus and i get the message: "Empty password is not allowed!"

OT: focus() does only have one argument in some cases, e.g. where i
looked it up at Ext.Element:
focus( [Number defer] ) : Ext.Element
Tries to focus the element. Any exceptions are caught and ignored.

But for components you are right. I hate switching around parameters,
especially when both are optional...

Regards,
Andreas