[TYPO3-core] RFC #14449: Deprecate usage of im4 and im5

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Nov 5 15:06:51 CET 2010

On 16.10.10 23:48, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Type: Pre-Cleanup(?) / Bugfix
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14449
>>
>> Branches:
>> trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> TYPO3 supports ImageMagick version 5 (*)
>
> Bringing this topic up again: Can we do it now?
> A rewrite of the image processing seems to be out of scope, esp. when
> you also have to care about this monster.

As Christan mentioned, we could/should deprecate im4, too.

This patch has enough positive votes, so if nobody objects, I will
commit within 72 hours and set im4 and im5 deprecated.

What do you think of removing it already with 4.6? It would really give
a chance to refactor image processing a bit, when we don't have to care
about these dinosaurs.

Kind regards
Steffen

--