[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #16250: prototype methods are used to determine the available viewport dimensions in ExtJS plugins

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Fri Nov 5 10:39:31 CET 2010

Am 04.11.2010 22:52, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> Hi,
>
> when i look to firebug and test this:
> Ext.get('typo3-docheader').getHeight()
> i get 22
>
> When examine the div i get height=49px (FB calculated CSS)
>
> It seems that with position absolute you don't get the real render
> state. I think this was the reason why i used 40 hardcoded.
>
> What was the origin problem, what is different in IE6?
>
> vg Steffen

Hi,
the problem we faced was that the 40px was just not right because the
docheader has 49px height with the default skin and might vary with
others. These 9px "mismatch" in the old code caused a scrolling bar
everytime we used this for the new workspace module.

The other problem was that we found that document.viewport.getHeight()
most likly not work in IE6.

New version (changed the comment) attached.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch