[TYPO3-core] RFC #13750: Bug: Several GIFBUILDER features broken for IM4, IM6 and GM

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 4 23:46:29 CET 2010

Hi,

On 4-11-2010 23:28, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> The bottom line is: The behavior on Linux is not changed with or without
>> Safe-Mode.
> I tested it myself and it was broken. Don't know, if you can reproduce
> now or even I can reproduce it again, but at this time *it* *was*.

A small summary of the history of this problem:

In the past the frame suffix was added in the wrong place as a fix for
the problem with the quoting. This works on *nix but gives problems on
Windows when there are more parameters added (to remove the profile).

To fix the problem on Windows a patch was developed to fix the quoting.
This reveals on *nix the problem with the frame.

A newer version fixed the frame parameter, but revealed another problem:
in safe_mode the wrapeFileName() function seems problematic.

Joerg's original patch fixed the quoting problem, but when testing
people noticed that the IM functions stopped working on certain
installations.
The bottom line is that *all* problems must be fixed before the patch
will be accepted.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert