[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16225: Disable draft workspace and migrate it to a real workspace

Oliver Klee typo3-german-01 at oliverklee.de
Wed Nov 3 10:32:59 CET 2010

Hi,

+1 for the idea.

just some things I've noticed while having a quick look at the patch.

Am 02.11.2010 21:15, schrieb Tolleiv.Nietsch:
> +	/**
> +	 * Checks if an update is needed
> +	 *
> +	 * @param	string		&$description: The description for the update
> +	 * @return	boolean		whether an update is needed (true) or not (false)
> +	 */
> +	public function checkForUpdate(&$description) {

I think it would be good to mention that $description is a return
parameter and will be modified.

> +	/**
> +	 * @param string $inputPrefix
> +	 * @return void
> +	 */
> +	public function getUserInput($inputPrefix) {

What is an input prefix? What does this function do? This function could
use some more documentation ... :-)

> +	/**
> +	 * Performs the database update. Changes existing workspaces to use the new custom workspaces
> +	 *
> +	 * @param	array		&$dbQueries: queries done in this update
> +	 * @param	mixed		&$customMessages: custom messages
> +	 * @return	boolean		whether it worked (true) or not (false)
> +	 */
> +	public function performUpdate(&$dbQueries, &$customMessages) {

You can use type hinting for $dbQueries.

The @param doesn't match the actual use of the parameter.

> +	/**
> +	 * Check if any table contains draft-workspace records
> +	 *
> +	 * @params		void
> +	 * @return bool
> +	 */
> +	protected function isDraftWorkspaceUsed() {

I think that no @param are necessary if there are no parameters ... :-)

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member