[TYPO3-core] RFC #16177: Add DB structure update pre-processing hook in EM

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Tue Nov 2 13:12:45 CET 2010

Hello Xavier,

>> +1 by reading if you take the comments from Ernesto and Franz into
>> account, go ahead. I will apply this in the dedicated class of new EM.

I have a big difficulty to reach the hook with the extension
mastertemplate. It does not have a file ext_tabes.sql. I can add an
empty one, but there is still a check for the contents.

if (is_array($extInfo['files']) && in_array('ext_tables.sql',
$extInfo['files'])) {
	$fileContent =
t3lib_div::getUrl($this->getExtPath($extKey,$extInfo['type']).'ext_tables.sql');

	$FDfile = $instObj->getFieldDefinitions_fileContent($fileContent);
debug ($FDfile, '$FDfile');
	if (count($FDfile)) {
			foreach
($GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php']['checkDBupdates']
as $classData) {

Could this patch be modified that the hook can be reached even without a
file ext_tables.sql?
AFAIK only the file ext_tables_static+adt.sql is allowed to contain
INSERT commands.

- Franz