[TYPO3-core] RFC #13750: Bug: Several GIFBUILDER features broken for IM4, IM6 and GM

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] lists.typo3.org at digilog.de
Tue Nov 2 11:52:11 CET 2010

Looks like nothing has happened on this front over the last three (!)
bug days.

I don't wan't to be annoying (well - in fact I want it a bit ;) but let
me remind you that TYPO3 is currently defunct in one of its core
functions when running on Windows servers.

A patch is available that fixes this problem without affecting any other
functions and without changing the behavior on Linux systems.

The discussions here are about cleaning up the general mess around the
ImageMagick integration (which is good and necessary). While this can
and should be continued (next bug day?!?), we should IMHO first stop
spreading a crippled system with every new TYPO3 version by simply
integrating the available fix. People are stepping into this trap again
and again (see: "[TYPO3-windows] help - graphicsmagick/combining
images"). Why don't we get rid of it?

PLEEEEEASE...

Cheers, Jörg.