[TYPO3-core] RFC #16213: sys_action - not needed check for "table" in viewRecordList action

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k at prolabium.com
Tue Nov 2 11:02:16 CET 2010

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix, almost nobrainer

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16213

Branches: 4_4, trunk

PROBLEM:
When you define new action type of "Record List" (sys_action records)
you have field "List only table". This filed could have been empty in
previous relases of "sys_action". Now if its empty and you go into the
action you have message:

Action error!
Error: The action configuration is not finished.

This is a regresion.

The label says "List only table" - so if I do not select anything I like
to show all records, but this is not possible right now. What if I want
to define action: "Edit records of seminar extension" and if user click
he should be able to see all the records connected with extension
seminar (in one sysfolder)

There is also end user usability issue connected with this. (and this is
most important for me) If you select table then "Select field" list will
show up which is in 95% not needed by end user and only scares him with
not needed options.

See the attached screenshot in BT entry to see exactly what I am
referring to.

SOLUTION:
Remove the check for the "table" in the "List record" action.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz