[TYPO3-core] RFC: #16130: Bug: buggy initialization of flash uploader when only certain file extensions are allowed

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Mon Nov 1 21:53:52 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

> Wow, never heard about this feature. I don't like it.. a whole
> installation, where you can only upload specific file types? Shouldn't
> that better be on a per-user basis?
> This makes me really frightened of reworking the uploader :( Don't know,
> which weird settings also exist out there :/
>
> Nevertheless +1 by reading for 4-3 and trunk, thanks for your patch and
> patience with your reviewers!

OT: Well, then better do not look at my other RFC concerning the
handling of denying file extensions ;)

For an editor it can be sufficient to only be able to upload certain
files. As an admin you hopefully have other ways to update the
installation...

I also thougt about setting the restrictions directly to the filemounts,
but that would be an even bigger change and probably about 99% of all
installations have the default settings.

Thanks for reading,
Andreas