[TYPO3-core] RFC #8305: SQL debug output is not shown in the Backend

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Mon May 31 21:31:50 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen.

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Jochen Rau schrieb:
>> I disagree here. Adding a css class isn't a solution IMO. I use this
>> feature to group debug output in a more flexible way:
>>
>> debug($foo, -3);
>> debug($bar, 1);
>> debug($baz, 1);
>>

> hm - i group other way:
> debug(array($foo1, $foo2), 'Group1');
> debug(array($bar1, $bar2), 'Group2');
>
>> I am not against removing features as this mostly reduces complexity
>> of the product. But we should not remove features
>> - without a (short) discussion
>> - without adding a note to extension developers
>> - without patching places in the core that are affected (at least 2
>> occurrences)
>>

> i asked around everywhere before, iirc i did this also on one of the
> lists, noone seems to use that.
> We can reintegrate this if you insist, though debug output format is low
> priority imho.

I must admit, that you have clearly stated informed the readers of this
RFC before you removed this feature:

"* removed the header=integer feature for adding multiple br's, doesn't
make sense anymore"

Sorry for that. Now, I am too late. Sniff. ;-)

The patch attached fixes the occurrences of "debug($foo, [digit])" in
the core and some sysext and adds a note to NEWS.txt. This is a follow-up.

Regards
Jochen