[TYPO3-core] RFC #14559: Web>List: Turning "Extended view" on makes rows grow

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 31 18:54:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Cosmetical Bugfix (t3skin)

Branches: trunk

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14559

Problem:
Turning "Extended view" in list view *on* will change the height of the
individual data rows. Thus the checkbox that you just clicked to turn
Extended view on is shifted downwards and more space is consumed on the
screen (thus less rows can be displayed).

Solution:
My idea would be to leave the row height as it was before.

An padding:2px around the div.typo3-DBctrl caused the grown. Solution is
to remove this padding. :)

Additional info:
I am not a designer and was not involved in any t3skin or backend
redesign project, so I kindly ask for people that are active on that
area to see if this can go in or not.

Note that this issue is also present in our "old" t3skin (in 4.3), only
that our list view rows are getting larger and larger on each TYPO3
release (remember the good old retro-skin? how much records fitted on
one screen!!!).

Cheers,
Ernesto