[TYPO3-core] Re: Re: Re: Re: RFC#14546: Cleanup: IE 6 does not support alpha-transparent-pngs which looks "&%/§$%&" with sprites

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon May 31 16:26:49 CEST 2010

>> After all this is one reason why the Code Cleanup Team has been
>> setup, so let us please fix these issues together.
>>
>> Could you guys please report the issues you already know of at this
>> issue tracker:
>> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/backend-cleanup/issues
>
> Wouldn't this come too late for 4.4?

It's never too late (although it's a bit later now than I expected, since we
announced the new team over a month ago).

We will be working on 4.4. fixes as well as fixing and introducing new stuff
in trunk for 4.5.

It will be even possible that we will fix issues in 4.3 (and 4.4 after the
official release) as long as they can be considered to be bugs and not
"features". And of course it is a bug, when the BE in IE6 is so slow that
you can not use it for daily work anymore, while the official statement is,
that IE6 is still supported.

So please at least report the issues or maybe join the team so that we can
get the BE working for everybody.

Thx

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian