[TYPO3-core] RFC#14534: Cleanup: Icons missing in the new icon-set, and therefore sprites

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon May 31 09:57:24 CEST 2010

Hey Helmut.

On 30.05.10 23:13, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> Probably such (huge) changes should be done in a seperate branch next
> time and committed to trunk when they are ready.
I agree. I see bigger projects on the horizon where we need to have an
active branch. Git is the only way.

However, bringing stuff like that in the core helps a lot in terms of
testing. I already discussed with Francois, we'd basically should do this:

  * Develop in a separate branch via git
  * Make these projects more prominent while developed (I guess nobody
has checked out the TCEforms git project from Andreas Wolf)
  * Have a dedicated review team for getting this big beast in with one FYI

For that case however, I agreed that all these fixes should come in
later, because it's really hard to review the changes to such a huge
patch only through the core list (the way that was chosen in order to
have this project succeed in time).

Sorry for the inconvenience guys!

All the best,
Benni.