[TYPO3-core] RFC #14449: Deprecate usage of im5

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat May 29 19:48:53 CEST 2010

Hey Christian,

On 29.05.10 19:18, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> +1 with the following changes:
> - Deprecate im4 as well (it has numerous security issues, upstream is
> dead and completely outdated.
> - Change the default [GFX][im_version_5] from empty (im4) to gm. Opinions?
Yes. To change a default is not as easy, Lars and I are still dealing
with the other related default options for 4.4, which is really a pain,
as it would change the behaviour in installations

> @Benni: What do you think about that? Could another core dev have a
> look, please?
as for deprecating old IM versions, I'd like to postpone this to 4.5. I
just want to investigate more (when was IM4 released the last time, when
was IM5 released last time, which Linux distro ships with IM5 by default
etc; where in the TYPO3.org website, where in the TYPO3 package are
notations that IM4 is still recommended etc), also I think we should
re-do the GFX part in the installer, and try to streamline the
IM-related functions in t3lib/.

Maybe I can look at it next week, and go through it in detail, but can't
promise it.

All the best,
Benni.