[TYPO3-core] RFC #14516 Background gradient images wrong colors in browsers with color profile capability

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sat May 29 13:47:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 29.05.10 12:45, Helmut Hummel wrote:

> On 29.05.10 12:02, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Am 29.05.2010, 12:00 Uhr, schrieb Helmut Hummel <helmut at typo3.org>:
>>
>> Imagemagick with the +stripProfile option? ;-)
>> We have this in core :-P
>
> Yeah, I tried this also. The image was half the size after it, but still
> too dark in my Safari :(

That is because in case of PNGs, there are not only color profiles, but
also gamma information [1]

> Would be cool if you'd find a better solution than using gif images...

I found in now :)

pngcrush did the trick, by not only fixing the problem, but reducing the
image size by 25% (in this particular case)

So I did a find . -name "*.png" and "crushed" all png found in the whole
TYPO3 source, with the result of 3.2MB compared to 3.6MB filesize of all
PNG images :)

Here's the link to the zip which can be directly extracted in the TYPO3
source directory.

http://bugs.typo3.org/file_download.php?file_id=11493&type=bug

Regrads Helmut

[1]http://hsivonen.iki.fi/png-gamma/