[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14462: Remove old_backend

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Fri May 28 17:09:36 CEST 2010

Hi Christian,

Am 28.05.10 13:32, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Type: bugfix, cleanup
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14462
>>

>> The old backend (alt_main.php) doesn't work in 4.2,4.3 and 4.4 proper.
>> So consequently remove this "alternative" backend.
>> There are some settings belonging to old backend like the setting
>> "Navigation Mode" which doesn't work in backend too, so remove it also.
>>
>> Also no more needed and removed:
>> * options.shortcutFrame
>> * delete alt_main.php
>
> +1 on reading and testing with attached v2:
>  - Do not remove the label as Oliver mentioned
>  - Add a change to typo3/index.php to redirect to 'new' backend in case
> old backend was chosen (if $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["interfaces"] =
> 'backend,backend_old'; is set).
>
> I'm unsure if Benny needs to approve this change ...

+1 by reading

Additionally in t3skin there are these two definitions that could be
removed as well (since they were only used in alt_main.php):

$TBE_STYLES['dims']['shortcutFrameH'] = 35;
$TBE_STYLES['dims']['selMenuFrame'] = 200;

I was thinking just a while about keeping alt_main.php and set it to
deprecated - however it does not really work anymore and also was not
maintained since we had the backend.php. Since it "was not part anymore"
with TYPO3 4.2, let's remove it now completely...

I'd say this one is ready to commit after the small changes I suggested.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader