[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14462: Remove old_backend

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri May 28 13:32:23 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Type: bugfix, cleanup
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14462
>

> The old backend (alt_main.php) doesn't work in 4.2,4.3 and 4.4 proper.
> So consequently remove this "alternative" backend.
> There are some settings belonging to old backend like the setting
> "Navigation Mode" which doesn't work in backend too, so remove it also.
>
> Also no more needed and removed:
> * options.shortcutFrame
> * delete alt_main.php

+1 on reading and testing with attached v2:
  - Do not remove the label as Oliver mentioned
  - Add a change to typo3/index.php to redirect to 'new' backend in case
old backend was chosen (if $TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["interfaces"] =
'backend,backend_old'; is set).

I'm unsure if Benny needs to approve this change ...

Regards
Christian