[TYPO3-core] RFC #14490: New Backend design

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:18:32 CEST 2010

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> As far as the rest of these discussions go: Yes, the patch is not 100%
> done yet. Someone who COMPLETELY reskins the backend just can't do 100%
> at once, I think that *everybody* should be aware of that, otherwise
> just try it for yourself to create your skin, and you'll soon know how
> much work it actually is.

Can it be a series of patches? May be a separate branch in SVN? That would
be easier to integrate and test for all of us.

> Well, if all modern browsers (IE8/9, FF3+, Webkit, Opera) are going to
> use it, and IE6 degrades nicely without a big change, I don't see a
> problem with it - as long as these are minor visual things.

Than somebody have to define what is "minor visual things". If it means
simpler icons and less effects, it is ok. If it means misplaced icons, it
is obviously not.

> So, I'd like to get a general opinion here: Are we able to put our butts
> together and our egos aside, and make this happen for 4.4 or should we
> drop the whole work and wait for 4.5, when the guys who are motivated
> now will not contribute anymore because of these "it's not 100%
> comments" like this?

Personally I think we should get it in 4.4 *but* we should get a complete
set with MSIE6 support.

Benny, why don't you organize a branch for this work? Then guys can commit
there, we can checkout ans test. Then we can merge.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member