[TYPO3-core] RFC #14490: New Backend design

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu May 27 14:30:22 CEST 2010

>>> I think we all
>>> agree that the TYPO3 BE needs a bit more than just a small face lift
>>
>> +1
>
> Yes, for sure. If more people would contribute instead of only
> yelling, we would be way better already.
> What about modernbe as UXW result? Why is this not in core? I had to
> do some of this now myself.

First of all: You didn't have to do it yourself - you could have asked, but
you didn't.

Second: It was a decision I discussed with Benni as the current RM before.
We decided to *not* integrate this stuff directly into the core but make it
an extension (modernbe) instead so people can test it in real life *before*
we move it to the core as a sysext.

Since there are many things that came up while testing this extension in a
bigger project, we recognized that it has a lot more impact on the overall
behaviour of the page module, which is why it is not yet ready for the core.

BTW: This is the difference to your behaviour - I would never dare sending
the current version of modernbe as a patch for the current trunk, because I
*know* it is not ready for production yet and there are still lots of fixes
to be made.

Lets discuss the rest somwhere else, because this is going to be OT

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de