[TYPO3-core] RFC #14490: New Backend design

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu May 27 09:52:36 CEST 2010

Not remarks to Joey, but as a general reply in this thread:

JoH asenau wrote:
>> * Uses modern techniques like CSS3 gradients, multiple backgrounds,
>> data-uris, etc.
>
> -1 for CSS3 stuff, because the least common denominator supported by TYPO3
> is still IE6

I agree, unless there is a good fallback already available and the whole
thing does not produce errors in any of the supported browsers.

>>    Fallback definitions have to defined during RCs as soon we can
>> destinguish between browsers

You can distinguish between IE versions. If you need differences between
other browsers then simply don't use that feature.

Furthermore:

- please provide a zip/rar with the binaries for us poor/stupid Win
users because the binary diffs form a real problem.

- there are calls to the old skin API. I know I put a few of them in the
code, but that was before the sprite API was available :-)

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl