[TYPO3-core] RFC#0014465: Make use of the new Sprite API throughout the TYPO3 Core Backend

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue May 25 17:19:51 CEST 2010

On 5/24/10 11:42 PM, Steffen Ritter wrote:
> Am 25.05.2010 03:28, schrieb Jeff Segars:
>> Any clue what the issue might be?
> Hey Jeff,
> thanks for your test :) Applying only this patch, the result you got is
> the right one.
> You will definitely need followup2 in #13324 to see most of the icons.
> Since the cache of spriteApi will only be rebuild if extensionlist
> changed or tca-table, you need to un/install an extension after patching
> the follow up.
>
> regards
>
> Steffen

I'll assume you mean #14324 rather than #13324 ;) Looks much better
after applying that also.

I see one other issue (unrelated to this specific patch) which I can add
to a new bug report if you'd like. This is from the description of
typeicon_column in doc_core_api...

> Fieldname, whose value decides alternative icons for the table (The default
> icon is the one defined with the 'iconfile' value.) An icon in the 'typeicons'
> array may override the default icon if an entry is found for the key having
> the value of the field pointed to by "typeicon_column" (this feature).

Currently, any type without a typeicon defined shows the missing icon
rather than the default icon for that table. This is most obvious for
type=0 on tt_news records where you get a missing icon rather than the
default record icon.

Back to testing for now....

Thanks,
jeff